From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] VQF deprecated?
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 19:40:05
1 On Thursday 10 April 2008, Mateusz A. Mierzwiñski wrote:
2
3 Multiple parse errors. :-(
4
5 Didn't get at all what you were trying to say.
6
7 Please don't get me wrong. I know your mother tongue isn't English,
8 neither is mine. You have got one thing to keep in mind: If your
9 command of the language you are writing in isn't top notch you better
10 adhere to a couple of rules:
11
12 - Phrase things as simply as possible. Avoid complicated sentences.
13
14 - Don't be sarcastic. Sarcasm gets lost and so does the *content* of
15 your post.
16
17 - Don't try to be funny. It doesn't come across if you don't know how
18 to be funny in a foreign language.
19
20 - Be as straight forward as possible. Even if you sound rude (people
21 will give you credit for expressing yourself in a language you
22 haven't grown up with), that's far better than sounding gibberish.
23
24 Native speakers on this lists can try to be funny/ironic/sarcastic.
25 People like you and I better use simple English.
26
27 I am *not* saying you can't express yourself. You most probably can in
28 Polish.
29
30 Couldn't resist to rant a wee bit here. So for balacing it off: Peace,
31 love, sunshine, good beer and single malt!
32
33 Uwe
36 Informal Linux Group Namibia:
37 http://www.linux.org.na/