From: James Broadhead <jamesbroadhead@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anybody have kdebluetooth working?
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 12:48:33
1 On 23 February 2012 12:39, Robin Atwood <robin.atwood@×××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > I have just tried to send a file from my phone to my laptop running KDE 4.8.0
3 > and it fails; the two devices never bind. When I set up the laptop it was
4 > running KDE 4.6.3 and bluetooth worked fine. The BlueZ libraries have changed
5 > substantially since, I think. Using 'hcitool inq' works fine, it's the KDE
6 > dialogs which sit there searching endlessly. Any recommended settings for
7 > /etc/bluetooth/*? Doc is a bit hard to come by.
8 >
9 > TIA
10 > -Robin
11
12 Not exactly on-topic, but I recently got my bluetooth headset working
13 without any major hassle using net-wireless/gnome-bluetooth by
14 - Building the appropriate communications-types modules
15 - Starting the bluetooth init script
16 - Running bluetooth-wizard to pair and bluetooth-applet to connect/disconnect