From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Improving SpamAssassin's accuracy...
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 14:14:12
1 On 15 Jan 2006, at 12:56, Hans-Werner Hilse wrote:
2 >
3 > I'd strongly suggest using the Bayesian filters, per-user, that is...
4 >
5 > That way all users can put mails they'd like to be learned as being
6 > spam in the respective IMAP folder and have them automatically learned
7 > overnight. Simple setup, highly effective, simple for my users.
8 >
9 > In order to give more hints to setup this, it would be helpful to know
10 > which mail storage is being used (IMAP? What server? What storage?).
11
12 What improvement rate are you seeing for this, please?
13
14 My concern with these particular users, who are not particularly
15 email-savvy, is that they ain't going to train the filters. I just
16 don't see it happening. And if I teach them to train the filters by
17 dragging & dropping into the "learn" folder then I anticipate perhaps
18 just one of them complaining "but why can't I just right-click it and
21 I'd really prefer all spam-filtering to be invisible to the user. I
22 don't demand a high success rate: Bayesian filtering should get 99.5%
23 or above, I think, but I'd be happy with 95%. SpamAssassin is
24 currently getting about 33%, which is next to useless.
25
26 IMAP server is Dovecot storing messages in maildirs in users' home
27 directories - this makes it convenient for your suggestion, but I
28 just don't really want to go there.
29
30 Stroller.
31 --