From: Raphael Melo de Oliveira Bastos Sales <raphael.melo21@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gcc seg faults very often
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 13:08:57
1 I'll test the memory chip on another computer and see if it works...
2
3 2005/8/23, Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>:
4 > On Wednesday 24 August 2005 02:16, Raphael Melo de Oliveira Bastos Sales
5 > wrote:
6 > > Yes, I found a kernel patch that does that. It allocates all the bad
7 > > memory sectors in kernel space permanetely, so they can't be used.
8 > > But, I found it too late. The memory is so bad now that it doesn't
9 > > even tries to boot. It just stops after detecting all IDE devices.
10 > > Gonna have to buy new memory boards...
13 > when your ram becomes worse in some few days, there is a great chance, that
14 > not the ram, but the PSU is the culprit.
15 >
16 > When a PSU is becoming weak, it is not able to hold the voltages at sufficient
17 > levels - lockups and ram-errors are then common problems.
18 > --
19 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list