From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gcc seg faults very often
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 03:00:36
1 On Wednesday 24 August 2005 02:16, Raphael Melo de Oliveira Bastos Sales
2 wrote:
3 > Yes, I found a kernel patch that does that. It allocates all the bad
4 > memory sectors in kernel space permanetely, so they can't be used.
5 > But, I found it too late. The memory is so bad now that it doesn't
6 > even tries to boot. It just stops after detecting all IDE devices.
7 > Gonna have to buy new memory boards...
10 when your ram becomes worse in some few days, there is a great chance, that
11 not the ram, but the PSU is the culprit.
12
13 When a PSU is becoming weak, it is not able to hold the voltages at sufficient
14 levels - lockups and ram-errors are then common problems.
15 --
16 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list