From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: no sound through headphones (still bad)
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2016 04:28:42
1 On 2016-07-16 16:17 -0400, allan gottlieb wrote:
2
3 > I tried alsamixer with interesting results. I used f3 [playback].
4 >
5 > I first unmuted everything and tried to raise the volume of all.
6 > I could raise the volume of all but the first headphone column
7
8 This looks like a kernel / ALSA level problem. Not much sense in
9 messing with pulse settings IMO.
10
11 When wou run alsamixer, what do the Card: and Chip: lines say?
12
13 These files may be of interest:
14
15 /usr/src/linux/Documentation/sound/alsa/HD-Audio*.txt
16
17 You may have to pass some parameters to the snd_hda_intel kernel
18 module. You'd do that by editing /etc/conf.d/modules, for example
19 adding this:
20
21 module_snd_hda_intel_args="model=3stack"
24 Please *no* private Cc: on mailing lists and newsgroups
25 Why does the arrow on Hillary signs point to the right?