From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] another old server: what about udev and CONFIG_DEVTMPFS ?
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 13:01:45
1 On 20.04.2015 14:56, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 >> Problems?
4 >
5 > Yes, it won't work. And the ebuild will error out.
6
7 Ah, I see.
8
9 >> I'd like to upgrade udev, then install openrc etc ... before I can drive
10 >> there and reboot the box.
13 > You intend to drive there anyway and reboot it. Rebuilding udev & openrc
14 > will probably take 15 minutes.
15 >
16 > It's such a little time, why are you trying to save 15 minutes in
17 > advance by taking an unknown and risky path? Just do everything on-site,
18 > it's safest
19
20 ~ 90 min drive one way ;-)
21