From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Old Firefox ebuild?
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 19:16:15
1 On 2016-10-14 19:16, Mick wrote:
2
3 > > Does anyone have a copy of the firefox 38.x ebuild around?
4 >
5 > https://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo-x86/www-client/firefox/
6
7 I think this will work for me, thank you! However, I don't understand
8 why those versions precisely are there (which means they have been
9 checked into cvs, I guess) and not others? For instance, the exact
10 version I'm running now, 38.8.0, is not there, and neither are the 45.x
11 and up which already invaded my portage tree.
12
13 > You could use 'emerge --buildpkg y' to build binary packages you can
14 > revert to, in case an update/upgrade breaks anything important.
15
16 Yes, and I should really learn more about binary packages in gentoo.
17 But still, it isn't much different from listing the files with equery f
18 and making a tarball. Without a way to rebuild from source I feel as if
19 I were standing on 1 leg ...
22 Please *no* private Cc: on mailing lists and newsgroups
23 Personal signed mail: please _encrypt_ and sign
24 Don't clear-text sign: http://cr.yp.to/smtp/8bitmime.html