From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] deactivate (bluetooth) hardware based on irq/mac address
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2021 11:24:14
1 On Saturday, July 3, 2021 1:59:24 PM CEST Tamer Higazi wrote:
2 > Hi
3 >
4 > The problem is that the bluetooth circuit seems to be damaged, as I have
5 > recently the same result on Windows (not only on linux.
6 >
7 > At Windows, I can deactivate the hardware at the "device manager", I
8 > want this the same to be done on Linux.
9 >
10 > Not the driver, just to ignore the hardware.
11 > Why do I ask this ?
12 >
13 > I ordered now a new bluetooth 5 stick, what if it uses the same driver ?
14 > So loading the driver should not be suppressed more the hardware should
15 > be ignored....
16
17 Can't you disable the onboard bluetooth in the BIOS?
18
19 I managed to do that on my system and it's not detected during boot/use of
20 either OS.
23 Joost