From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: virtual problem : how can I unmerge Nano ?
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 23:05:14
1 On 04/29/2014 05:49 AM, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2
3 > Regular readers* will know...
4
5 > * Off-topic note for American readers: as far as I'm concerned, "regular"
6 > does not mean "ordinary". That neologism is even polluting our high streets
7 > over here.
8
9 I've used both of those words all my life but never looked them up in a dictionary.
10
11 Until today, of course:
12
13 A thing is ordinary when it is apt to come round in the regular common order or
14 succession of events.
15 [1913 Webster]
16
17 Can you give us an example of how we misuse the word "regular"? (a word I don't
18 ordinarily use ;)