From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Running out of space on /var partition
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 21:39:35
1 On 07/28/2011 01:14 PM, Dale wrote:
2 > walt wrote:
3 >> On 07/27/2011 05:23 PM, Dale wrote:
4 >>
5 >>> Dale wrote:
6 >>>
7 >>
8 >>> I hit the wrong button. lol
9 >>>
10 >>> Dale
11 >>>
12 >>> :-) :-)
13 >>>
14 >> Ah, that explains the names 'fireball' and 'smoker'?
18 > Smoker is my first machine. It was smokin for its day. Since this
19 > machine is a LOT faster, I had to come up with something good for it
20 > too. Fireball is it. I guess lightening will be next. Maybe it
21 > will be 10 cores at 8Ghz with 128Gbs of ram or some supped up crap
22 > like that. lol
23
24 Oops, I got it completely wrong, then. Amongst hardware geeks there is
25 an old (maybe obsolete?) expression "it's time for the smoke-test!" which
26 means: plug it in and turn it on -- and then note carefully where the
27 plume of smoke is coming from :)
28
29 You're obviously too young to remember those days....