From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Portage option "--changed-use" not working?
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 18:41:54
1 On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 10:53:32 -0600
2 »Q« <boxcars@×××.net> wrote:
3
4 > I'm not filing a --changed-use bug or posting in the dev list because
5 > of Medico's IMO rather prickly attitude about this kind of thing. He
6 > says in this case:
7 >
8 > The fact is, the user is not being forced to rebuild anything. They
9 > can simply run full system updates with --newuse less often if it
10 > puts too much strain on them.
11 >
12 > Lest I seem ungrateful, let me be clear I do appreciate the tons of
13 > work he's put into portage for many years.
14
15 And I probably owe him an apology for pulling a quote out of context.