From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Python forced upgrade
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2018 15:34:15
1 On 11/11/18 04:22, J. Roeleveld wrote:
2 > I usually do a full rebuild of everything (using --empty) in a chroot and then
3 > update using binary packages on the main system if I haven't done an update in
4 > a long time.
5 >
6 > If it's just python you want to be sure of, you can check the "Version
7 > upgrade" steps listed on:
8 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Python
11 Thanks, never thought to check the wiki. I followed the steps and it
12 didn't rebuild anything. So far it seems to be OK, no strange things are
13 happening. I'm thinking perhaps because I did a world update afterward
14 (I usually use -uDN) that it most likely sorted itself out.
15
16 Dan