From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kde-apps/libksane blocker
Date: Tue, 31 May 2016 06:10:56
1 On 30/05/2016 22:12, Dale wrote:
2 > Daniel Frey wrote:
3 >> On 05/29/2016 08:20 PM, Dale wrote:
4 >>> Howdy,
5 >>>
6 >>> I'm trying to do a update and have this last blocker that I can't figure
7 >>> out. I fixed another one but this one doesn't make sense to me. Here
8 >>> is the relevant output.
9 >>>
10 >>>
11 >>>
12 >>>
13 >>>
14 >>> As you can see, none of them are keyworded so it should be able to use
15 >>> the latest packages. I just synced a hour or so ago so this may be more
16 >>> up to date than you may have on your system. It's why I am including
17 >>> the info here.
18 >>>
19 >>> Is it possible I caught the tree in the middle of a update and I need to
20 >>> sync again? Is my old eyes missing something obvious? Or, is it what I
21 >>> think, a conflict that can't yet be solved because of a hard dependency?
22 >>>
23 >>> Looking for thoughts, ideas, suggestions.
24 >>>
25 >>> Dale
26 >>>
27 >>> :-) :-)
28 >>>
29 >>>
30 >> Are you using plasma? I was but it was crashing every 10 seconds so I
31 >> went back to kde4 and masked all kde-related packages >4.15. I also
32 >> disabled the wallpapers.
33 >>
34 >> I just installed a scanner yesterday (ironically) and I didn't see this
35 >> issue when rebuilding.
36 >>
37 >> Dan
42 > Yea, I switched a while back and so far, it works OK. It is a bit
43 > different and my clock on the little panel thingy at the bottom of the
44 > screen winks at me from time to time. Other than that tho, it works OK.
45 >
46 > Most likely, you are still using the older versions. This just might be
47 > a actual bug but before I file one, I want to hear from someone else who
48 > can confirm it.
49 >
50 > Dale
51 >
53 >
54 > P. S. I hate breaking down a lawn mower tire when it is 92F outside
55 > with some humidity. Also, I live under a large hill, no wind. I guess
56 > it could be 98F tho. o_O
60 It could be worse. You could live in Africa and deal with roads at temp
61 42 C :-)
65 Alan McKinnon
66 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com