From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Suggested network fs for small lan ?
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 17:23:33
1 Alexander Skwar wrote:
2 > Enrico Weigelt schrieb:
3 >
4 >> what network filesystem would you suggest for an small LAN ?
5 >
6 > NFS. If Windows systems need to access the resources, I'd think
7 > about installing MS SFU on those boxes.
10 I spent a week fighting with SFU on 2003 last month. While I'm sure I
11 missed a number of things and did a few things wrong it was far simpler
12 to run NFS for the Linux boxes and Samba for the Windows boxes on the
13 main storage head rather than trying to get Windows to play nicely with
14 NFS. YMMV.
15
16 On the original question a dedicated NFS server sounds like a solution
17 rather than chaining NFS through multiple machines.
18
19 kashani
20 --
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list