From: "Fatih Tümen" <fthtmn+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ridiculously wide handbook pages
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2010 20:05:29
1 On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 9:27 PM, Derek Tracy <tracyde@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > 2010/10/4 Fatih Tümen <fthtmn+gentoo@×××××.com>
4 >>
5 >> On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 1:18 AM, Renat Golubchyk <ragermany@×××.net> wrote:
6 >> > Unfortunately Gentoo documentation uses table layout instead of
7 >> > relying entirely on CSS. Therefore it is not easy to make the docs
8 >> > beautiful for everybody right now. But there is a simple workaround
9 >> > which you may find good enough. Add the following CSS rule into your
10 >> > ~/.mozilla/<...your profile...>/chrome/userContent.css or install the
11 >> > Stylish add-on [3] and create a style with the rule:
12 >> >
13 >> > -------------------------------------------------------------
14 >> > @namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);
15 >> >
16 >> > @-moz-document domain("gentoo.org") {
17 >> >  td.content p {
18 >> >    width: 40em;
19 >> >  }
20 >> > }
21 >> > -------------------------------------------------------------
22 >> >
23 >> > Change "40em" to anything you like.
24 >> >
25 >> >
26 >>
27 >> Thank you very much for this tip. I use chromium and fortunately there
28 >> exists the Stylish chrome extension. I got it working with the code
29 >> you gave by just snipping the moz-document line.
30 >>
31 >> When I inspect the element and check the page source I understand
32 >> where td.content and p comes from but could you explain what 'em'
33 >> suffix to 40 means please?
36 >> --
37 >>    Fatih
40 > The "em" is just a length measurement.
41 >
42 > You can read more about it here:
43 > http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/syndata.html#length-units
46 Thank you Grant and Derek.