From: Derek Tracy <tracyde@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ridiculously wide handbook pages
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2010 19:07:32
1 2010/10/4 Fatih Tümen <fthtmn+gentoo@×××××.com <fthtmn%2Bgentoo@×××××.com>>
2
3 > On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 1:18 AM, Renat Golubchyk <ragermany@×××.net> wrote:
4 > > Unfortunately Gentoo documentation uses table layout instead of
5 > > relying entirely on CSS. Therefore it is not easy to make the docs
6 > > beautiful for everybody right now. But there is a simple workaround
7 > > which you may find good enough. Add the following CSS rule into your
8 > > ~/.mozilla/<...your profile...>/chrome/userContent.css or install the
9 > > Stylish add-on [3] and create a style with the rule:
10 > >
11 > > -------------------------------------------------------------
12 > > @namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);
13 > >
14 > > @-moz-document domain("gentoo.org") {
15 > > td.content p {
16 > > width: 40em;
17 > > }
18 > > }
19 > > -------------------------------------------------------------
20 > >
21 > > Change "40em" to anything you like.
25 > Thank you very much for this tip. I use chromium and fortunately there
26 > exists the Stylish chrome extension. I got it working with the code
27 > you gave by just snipping the moz-document line.
28 >
29 > When I inspect the element and check the page source I understand
30 > where td.content and p comes from but could you explain what 'em'
31 > suffix to 40 means please?
34 > --
35 > Fatih
38 The "em" is just a length measurement.
39
40 You can read more about it here:
41 http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/syndata.html#length-units