From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Trouble decrypting message from firefox ebuild
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 07:20:05
1 On Monday 19 January 2009 06:32:00 Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > > This has now been fixed, the engine is now in a package called
3 > > xulrunner which firefox builds against. Other apps also need
4 > > xulrunner, but if you keep "USE=firefox" intact those apps
5 > > will pull in all of firefox-2 just to get gecko. If you have
6 > > firefox-3 installed, you have an instant blocker.  With
7 > > "USE=xulrunner" they will build against xulrunner and firefox
8 > > can be whatever you feel like installing.
9 >
10 > Now I'm confused.  I thought xulrunner was the user-interface
11 > engine rather than the rendering engine.
12
13 You might well be right. I don't concern myself too much with the details. The
14 important bit is that xulrunner does something important, and the two flags
15 control it.
18 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com