From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: OT: Southbridge chip on laptop overheating
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2015 23:11:55
1 On 06/07/2015 09:05 PM, James wrote:
2 >
3 > Last, I think some folks make a "cooling pad" for laptops. If you have
4 > agressive compile options (like mine MAKEOPTS="-j9 -l9") in your
5 > make.conf, slow them way down (-j1) etc.
8 I picked up one of these in the store today:
9
10 http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA7S92RB3559&cm_re=laptop_cooler-_-34-982-182-_-Product
11
12 I paid about half that price, though. The fans are movable so I've moved
13 one fan to the northbridge/cpu and one to the southbridge. I guess I'll
14 leave the laptop running for a while and see what happens.
15
16 Dan