From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Webmin not accepting root logins
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 20:06:34
1 On Monday 14 April 2008, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Sunday 13 April 2008, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
3 > > This is the second in a series of at least 3 cries for help, each on
4 > > a separate sub-part of my goal of making sense of cups, lpd and
5 > > Windows Vista.
6 > >
7 > > I'm trying to use webmin to look at CUPS administration.
8 >
9 > I would not recommend this route, as I do not trust Webmin to not
10 > obliterate my various configs. The CUPS front end is much better, it is
11 > found on the CUPS server at port 631 from your browser. If memory
12 > serves, your regular root password should work just fine
13
14 It's been some years now and can't remember if webmin has its own root account
15 (different from the OS root account). Have you tried login with root as the
16 username and your normal user passwd?
17
18 I also can't remember what the CUPS interface was on webmin, but what Alan
19 suggests above has always worked for me (once I manage to get the right path
20 for the printer).
21
22 HTH.
23 --