From: John covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem using the pppoe plugin
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 18:56:26
1 on Saturday 10/27/2007 Hans-Werner Hilse(hilse@×××.de) wrote
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 13:23:44 -0400
5 > John covici <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
6 >
7 > > on Saturday 10/27/2007 Hans-Werner Hilse(hilse@×××.de) wrote
8 > > > Hi,
9 > > >
10 > > > On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 11:35:05 -0400
11 > > > John covici <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
12 > > >
13 > > > > What happens is that when I use this a computer on my local network
14 > > > > has intermittent connection problems -- it connects to google just
15 > > > > fine, but not to Microsoft sites and other places.
16 > > >
17 > > > Does this computer use the computer you're running pppd on as a router?
18 > > >
19 > > > It really sounds like an MTU issue ATM...
20 > >
21 > > Yep, exactly the gentoo box is a router for the computer having the
22 > > problem, anyway to adjust the mtu using the plugin?
23 >
24 > For me, "mtu 1492" in my pppd config script is sufficient. If that's
25 > not the case for you, you should try MSS-Clamping. You can do that
26 > using iptables, I could search for a proper iptables rule, but I don't
27 > have one at hand right now...
28 >
29 Exactly where did you put your mtu -- I don't see it in the possibly
30 options in /etc/conf.d/net.example for the pppd options.
31
32 Thanks.
35 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
36 How do
37 you spend it?
38
39 John Covici