From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem using the pppoe plugin
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 18:09:54
1 Hi,
2
3 On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 13:23:44 -0400
4 John covici <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
5
6 > on Saturday 10/27/2007 Hans-Werner Hilse(hilse@×××.de) wrote
7 > > Hi,
8 > >
9 > > On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 11:35:05 -0400
10 > > John covici <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
11 > >
12 > > > What happens is that when I use this a computer on my local network
13 > > > has intermittent connection problems -- it connects to google just
14 > > > fine, but not to Microsoft sites and other places.
15 > >
16 > > Does this computer use the computer you're running pppd on as a router?
17 > >
18 > > It really sounds like an MTU issue ATM...
19 >
20 > Yep, exactly the gentoo box is a router for the computer having the
21 > problem, anyway to adjust the mtu using the plugin?
22
23 For me, "mtu 1492" in my pppd config script is sufficient. If that's
24 not the case for you, you should try MSS-Clamping. You can do that
25 using iptables, I could search for a proper iptables rule, but I don't
26 have one at hand right now...
27
28 -hwh
29 --