From: Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Xorg.conf changes and dual screen setup
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 21:01:27
1 Allan Gottlieb schrieb:
2 > At Mon, 10 Sep 2007 09:24:59 +0200 Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> Thanks for your answer, i will try if i can get it working like this
5 >> but randr doesn't seem to work on the secondary device. I have heard
6 >> that nvidia cards doesn't support randr 1.2 so i will give it a try
7 >> with randr disabled in my configuration.
8 >
9 > I don't have nvidia so can't comment (I810)
10 >
11 >> One thing is that i want the two screens (where i can move between
12 >> with the mouse) avaialable not only one.
13 >
14 > I would guess randr supports that since it does have offsets (--pos)
15 >
16 > allan
17
18 It looks like i have got my hopes up to soon.
19
20 Though the screen is displayed properly and even the background image
21 fits well, now one problem appeared i did not recognize before. I use
22 the TV only for watching movies, but when i set my media player (xineui,
23 mplayer or vlc doesn't matter) to fullscreen mode it is set to the size
24 of the primary monitor.
25
26 What has changed here, i am thinking of downgrading the xorg-server but
27 i don't think this will get better with version 1.4.
28
29 Any advices how to get this working again!
30
31 Regards,
32
33 Daniel