From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: PORTDIR default - changing PORTDIR variable
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2013 15:05:58
1 On 2013-10-02 4:21 PM, Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > On 2013-10-02 2:24 PM, Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
3 >> Ok, thanks much guys... guess I'll go with Alans layout as it makes the
4 >> most sense to me:
5 >>
6 >> /var/portage
7 >> /var/distfiles
8 >> /var/packages
9 >
10 > Actually, I think I like:
11 >
12 > /var/portage/tree
13 > /var/portage/distfiles
14 > /var/portage/packages
15
16 Question about permissions, and PORTDIR_OVERLAY...
17
18 I've now copied and rearranged /usr/portage, so that I have the above,
19 and I also copied /usr/local/portage to /var/portage/local.
20
21 But what are the permissions supposed to be/need to be for each of these?
22
23 Currently, they are:
24
25 /var/portage/tree (portage:portage, 755)
26 /var/portage/distfiles (root:portage, 775)
27 /var/portage/packages (portage:portage, 700)
28 /var/portage/local (root:root, 755)
29
30 So, why are the owners and perms not the same for all of these?
31
32 Or, more importantly, should I change any of them, and if so, to what?
33
34 Thanks