From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: amd64 installation: which file system?
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 13:34:44
1 On Wednesday 19 July 2006 09:14, Mick wrote:
2 > > > If these are new systems, I would give HP support a call and demand
3 > > > they send you the WinXP OEM installation CD.
4 >
5 > They will.  But at a price (not much) and guess what, it is an image of the
6 > original installation which as far as I recall requires the whole of the
7 > disk for it to be installed again!  Can you believe them!
8
9 Then it's not the OEM Installation CD. I would accept no less as consider this
10 kind of recover approach completely useless. I would never accept to have a
11 useless 9 GB partition sitting around just for reinstalls. I would rather by
12 Windows directly from Microsoft than accept that kind of crap.
13
14 So what I would do is reconsider if I really needed Windows or demand an OEM
15 Installation CD from Toshiba or buy directly from Microsoft or buy a computer
16 from another vendor... And scrap all partitions and start from scratch.
19 Bo Andresen