From: Dave Jones <Dave.Jones@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Hoe to stop em8300-modulesinstalling?
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 06:35:14
1 Hi,
2
3 Dale wrote on 20/11/08 02:40:
4 > William Kenworthy wrote:
5 >> An emerge world wants to install em8300-modules which according to
6 >> equery is caused by sys-kernel/gentoo-sources-2.6.27-r3 which is
7 >> installed but not in use - yet.
8 >>
9 >> As em8300 wont build, and I dont have a one (I presume its a video
10 >> chip-set??) I dont want to fuss with it, so how do I stop world trying
11 >> to install it?
12
13 > Is there a USE flag that is causing gentoo-sources to pull it in?
14 > That's all I can think of unless there is a roach in the works somewhere.
15
16 > If you are new to Gentoo, add the -v option to emerge so it will show
17 > the USE flags and other info that may shed some light.
18
19 Removing the USE=dxr3 flag seemed to work for me.
20
21 Cheers, Dave