From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] Recent git kernels break rtc (real-time-clock)
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 09:27:39
1 On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 05:33:37PM -0700, walt wrote
2
3 > I have no idea why you guys are having the same problem with older
4 > kernels, except maybe some useflag has changed recently. Are all
5 > of you running ~amd64, maybe?
6 >
7 > BTW, I pull directly from kernel.org, I don't use
8 > sys-kernel/git-sources, so my git kernels are not affected by any
9 > useflags, FWIW.
10
11 I'm running stable amd64. I don't think a USE flag is involved.
12 sys-kernel/gentoo-sources only has...
13
14 -build -deblob -symlink
15
16 ...flags available. I think it's a change in .config defaults. Note
17 that .config calls it legacy RTC. I think that the "legacy" RTC support
18 has been made a non-default option, and HPET's emulation of RTC is now
19 the norm.
22 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
23 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications