From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] Recent git kernels break rtc (real-time-clock)
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 00:33:52
1 On 06/11/2013 04:00 PM, Walter Dnes wrote:
2 > It seems that there were some changes recently in the .config
3 > file. I recently built a 3.7.10-gentoo-r1 kernel on a new machine and
4 > was on the verge of sending an email to the list asking what the bleep I
5 > was doing wrong. After some experimentation, I found that I need either
6 > CONFIG_RTC=y ...
7
8 That fixed the problem for me, thanks.
9
10 OTOH, I've never had CONFIG_RTC enabled before, including 3.9.5, yet I've
11 always had /dev/rtc until 3.10. Now I have /dev/rtc && /dev/rtc0, FWIW.
12
13 I have no idea why you guys are having the same problem with older kernels,
14 except maybe some useflag has changed recently. Are all of you running
15 ~amd64, maybe?
16
17 BTW, I pull directly from kernel.org, I don't use sys-kernel/git-sources,
18 so my git kernels are not affected by any useflags, FWIW.
19
20 Thanks guys.