From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] want to upgrade 50 month old installation
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2015 09:05:58
1 On Wednesday 05 August 2015 08:48:21 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > It should be more obvious now why "simple installation semantic" is a
4 > total oxymoron in a Gentoo setting.
5
6 I don't even understand what it means. What is "a semantic"? As far as I know,
7 "semantic" is an adjective, "relating to meaning, especially of words" to
8 quote Chambers which I happen to have to hand.
9
10 [OT]
11 Much confusion is caused by people continually inventing new ways of using
12 words with insufficient thought to how they would fit into the existing
13 structure. Like "momentarily" for example, which in the current American usage
14 is not related to "momentary". Sometimes I wish the language were still in the
15 care of academics.
16 [/OT]
19 Rgds
20 Peter