From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mkfs.btrfs check for bad blocks - howto
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 09:21:45
1 On Thursday 10 June 2010 11:15:17 Helmut Jarausch wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > when creating a file system on a partition on a brand new hard disk,
5 > I have always used the '-c' twice to check for bad blocks.
6 > This works for ext3 and ext4.
7 > Now, I'd like to use a btrfs file system on some partitions but the
8 > '-c' option (to mkfs.btrfs or mkbtrfs) seems to have gone.
9 > What can I do about this?
10 >
11 > Many thanks for a hint,
12 > Helmut.
15 Hi Helmut,
16
17 You could either first use mkfs for ext3 or 4 to check, or you could run
18 "badblock" manually over the partition first to check.
21 Joost