From: Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mkfs.btrfs check for bad blocks - howto
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 10:19:42
1 On 10 Jun, J. Roeleveld wrote:
2 > On Thursday 10 June 2010 11:15:17 Helmut Jarausch wrote:
3 >> Hi,
4 >>
5 >> when creating a file system on a partition on a brand new hard disk,
6 >> I have always used the '-c' twice to check for bad blocks.
7 >> This works for ext3 and ext4.
8 >> Now, I'd like to use a btrfs file system on some partitions but the
9 >> '-c' option (to mkfs.btrfs or mkbtrfs) seems to have gone.
10 >> What can I do about this?
11 >>
12 >> Many thanks for a hint,
13 >> Helmut.
16 > Hi Helmut,
17 >
18 > You could either first use mkfs for ext3 or 4 to check, or you could run
19 > "badblock" manually over the partition first to check.
20 >
21 Thanks, Joost,
22
23 but I don't know how to feed the output of badblocks to mkbtrfs.
24 It looks as if btrfs cannot use a bad block list. Is that true?
25
26 Helmut.