From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gummiboot -> efibootmgr
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2016 14:06:16
1 On Tuesday 23 Aug 2016 08:21:36 Michael Mol wrote:
2
3 > If you're not frequently jumping to a non-default boot environment, it's
4 > fine.
5
6 That's my problem: I do often want to start a minimal system. As I said
7 before not far from here, any time a substantial update is needed,
8 especially if it involves more than odd bits of KDE, I first emerge -B, then
9 boot into the minimal run level and emerge -K. That way I don't find myself
10 having to flip the BRS because of a half-dead desktop at the end of the
11 update. Or else I'll do the whole emerge in the minimal run level.
12
13 Progress will keep on insisting on being made - hah! Maybe it's time I
14 reviewed my whole modus operandi and ditched most of the flexibility I've
15 developed over the years.
18 Rgds
19 Peter