From: Dave Jones <Dave.Jones@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Wha' hoppen to firestarter?
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 14:28:54
1 Jorge Almeida wrote on 06/06/07 15:59:
2 >> That helps some, but in net-firewall I'm finding a lot of unstable
3 >> packages, and no really good idea which ones will be the best for a
4 >> personal firewall, let alone which ones are best supported upstream so
5 >> this doesn't happen to me again. So I'm interested in
6 >> recommendations. What did you switch to?
7
8 I use fwbuilder. It's a drag and drop iptables front-end which builds
9 firewall scripts. fwbuilder works very well once you've figured out
10 defining and manipulating your firewall objects. The documentation is
11 very sparse.
12
13 It does miss the immediacy of the firestarter GUI though.
14
15 Cheers, Dave
16 --
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list