From: Skippy <linuxgn2@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kde and qt - something strange
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 16:03:08
1 On Fri, 6 Nov 2009 13:55:24 +0100
2 Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org> wrote the words:
3
4 > Skippy writes:
5 >
6 > > The whole process so far is found at:>
7 > > http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?p=6026707#6026707
8 > >
9 > > Can anyone offer any ideas? Thanks so very much, Skippy
10 >
11 > Some ideas.
12 >
13 > Your output of emerge -upvND world is hart to read. Add a -t to get a
14 > tree view, then one can better see what's pulling in what.
15
16 I'll do that, thanks.
17
18 > You mention that qt-4 is masked. This is correct, as qt-4 is the old,
19 > monolithic package. You need qt-core, qt-dbus and some more of that
20 > kind. Qt 3 still exists as single build, so having qt-3.3.8b-r2
21 > installed is okay, although -r2 is keyword masked for me. Maybe you
22 > are running ~arch, or x86_64 and this is okay, but I'd check this.
23
24 yes, I am running ~amd64
25
26 > In only have qt3support and qt4 in make.conf, you have "qt qt3
27 > qt3-support qt3support qt4". Don't knw if this is bad, but it's more
28 > than I have.
29
30 Originally I had fewer of those use flags enabled. I added more as
31 time when by at the suggestion of people on the forum. It hasn't
32 helped obviously, but didn't seem to cause any negative change either.
33 It might be worth my time to try removing some of those, just to see
34 what happens.
35
36 > So, you DID succeed in rebuilding kdelibs-3.5, right? or did you also
37 > get errors there?
38
39 Yes, kdelibs-3.5 will rebuild, as will the kdelibs-4.x. I have run
40 emerge -e on both of them, as well as on world. No problem building
41 anything kde or qt until it gets to that sequence of packages that give
42 the error.
43
44 > You might try to upgrade your portage (put sys-apps/portage in
45 > /etc/portage/package.unmask and package.keywords), maybe it is better
46 > in resolving this stuff.
47
48 Right on, worth a try as well. I'll do that.
49
50 > And you can look in your config.log somewhere
51 > in /var/tmp/portage/kde- base/libkonq-3.5.10/work/libkonq-3.5.10/,
52 > maybe you spot what exactly causes the Qt error.
53
54 I'll try that too. Thanks for all the homework! This should keep me
55 occupied for a while. Skippy
58 > Wonko
63 On The Fly Photography -:- Creation From Chaos
64
65 On The Fly Photography: http://204EastSouth.com
66 Purchase from On The Fly: http://204EastSouth.com/OTFStore.htm
67 The Cynical Libertarian Society: http://www.204EastSouth.com/cls