From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kde and qt - something strange
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 12:55:35
1 Skippy writes:
2
3 > The whole process so far is found at:>
4 > http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?p=6026707#6026707
5 >
6 > Can anyone offer any ideas? Thanks so very much, Skippy
7
8 Some ideas.
9
10 Your output of emerge -upvND world is hart to read. Add a -t to get a tree
11 view, then one can better see what's pulling in what.
12
13 You mention that qt-4 is masked. This is correct, as qt-4 is the old,
14 monolithic package. You need qt-core, qt-dbus and some more of that kind.
15 Qt 3 still exists as single build, so having qt-3.3.8b-r2 installed is
16 okay, although -r2 is keyword masked for me. Maybe you are running ~arch,
17 or x86_64 and this is okay, but I'd check this.
18
19 In only have qt3support and qt4 in make.conf, you have "qt qt3 qt3-support
20 qt3support qt4". Don't knw if this is bad, but it's more than I have.
21
22 So, you DID succeed in rebuilding kdelibs-3.5, right? or did you also get
23 errors there?
24
25 You might try to upgrade your portage (put sys-apps/portage in
26 /etc/portage/package.unmask and package.keywords), maybe it is better in
27 resolving this stuff.
28
29 And you can look in your config.log somewhere in /var/tmp/portage/kde-
30 base/libkonq-3.5.10/work/libkonq-3.5.10/, maybe you spot what exactly
31 causes the Qt error.
32
33 Wonko