From: james <garftd@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] To do list or bug tracker? Project management?
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 21:03:09
1 On 7/20/20 11:56 AM, Stroller wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > Does anyone have any recommendations for a task management app, please?
5 >
6 > I bought a boat a year ago, and can't keep a track of all the work that needs doing and the things that need fixing.
7 >
8 > I took a look at To Do apps for my Mac a while back but they all seemed to focus more on the formatting of the list (what font to use and what kind of bullet points), rather than the actual tasks.
9 >
10 > I'd like something that tracks dependencies - that I need to order this part before I can complete that task, to divide jobs that can be completed now from those that need something else doing first.
11 >
12 > A big tracker is the application I'm most familiar with that handles this kind of stuff, but it seems a lot to install for a single person - I guess a complete SQL database and web-server would be amongst the dependencies.
13 >
14 > I'd appreciate any thoughts,
15 >
16 > Stroller.
19 Hi Stroller,
20
21 As a nautical type, much would depend on the size of the boat. But there
22 are tricks::
23
24 1. Keep a multi-sheet notepad with the boat, so you can scribble down
25 notes, ideas and todo items. Later, you can take that tablet, type it up
26 and keep a copy with the boat, for further/deeper annotation.
27
28 2. Never smoke in, near or around the boat, unless it is diesel. A few
29 signs to such is always a good idea. Smoking back at the keyboard, is
30 usually OK.
31
32 3. USE the dam thing, so you can remember why you started pumping lots
33 of cash into it. Mine, I have keg parties, with the keg & ice inside the
34 boat, so the boat receives lots of love from you friends. Quite often,
35 this is the best use of a boat, regardless if trailered or tied up to a
36 doc or wherever.
37
38 4. Dual batteries are a necessity: one of cranking and one to run the
39 supervisory electronics that ensures the perfect (or close to it)
40 temperature for the beer....
41
42 5. Almost forgot, if you do intend to actually use the boat, insurance
43 is a must, both for sinking and liabilities...
46 6. GNUcash is a great app for all things financial, particulary if you
47 use the boat for business and want to track expenses and make your
48 accountant happy. Big boats are easy to include with a C or S corp and
49 save you big in expenses
50
51 hth,
52 James