From: Jakub Krajcovic <jakub.krajcovic@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Is it possible to mirror 2 drives, that are currently striped in LVM2?
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 15:56:46
1 Hi Guys,
2
3 the subject says it all, but i'll go into more detail now, if anyone
4 would be interested in helping. I currently have my system installed on
5 2 40GB IDE drives. They are in an LVM volumegroup, and the 2 drives are
6 striped. What i need to do is transform this "striped disk cluster"
7 into a mirror. (preferably using the most cheapest and painless
8 method). I kind of know my way around LVM, so i don't really need a
9 _totally_ detailed answer, but i need to know, if this that i am trying
10 to accomplish is
11 a) possible
12 b) what are the steps that i should follow in order to do this?
13
14 I was thinking like this: use pvmove or something to move all of the
15 pv's from one disk to the other, then reduce the volumegroup (remove
16 the disk eg physical volume from it) add it as a mirror...
17
18 can someone confirm, if this is theright way to go, or if not, could
19 anyone please suggest how i could accomplish this task...
20 thanks
21
22 jakub krajcovic
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list