From: Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is it possible to mirror 2 drives, that are currently striped in LVM2?
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 05:51:23
1 On Thu, 2005-07-07 at 17:50 +0200, Jakub Krajcovic wrote:
2 > Hi Guys,
3 >
4 > the subject says it all, but i'll go into more detail now, if anyone
5 > would be interested in helping. I currently have my system installed on
6 > 2 40GB IDE drives. They are in an LVM volumegroup, and the 2 drives are
7 > striped. What i need to do is transform this "striped disk cluster"
8 > into a mirror. (preferably using the most cheapest and painless
9 > method). I kind of know my way around LVM, so i don't really need a
10 > _totally_ detailed answer, but i need to know, if this that i am trying
11 > to accomplish is
12 > a) possible
13 > b) what are the steps that i should follow in order to do this?
14 >
15 > I was thinking like this: use pvmove or something to move all of the
16 > pv's from one disk to the other, then reduce the volumegroup (remove
17 > the disk eg physical volume from it) add it as a mirror...
18
19 Seems to me the best way to do this would be a third Disk. Is this an
20 option??
25 Ow Mun Heng
26 Gentoo/Linux on DELL D600 1.4Ghz 1.5GB RAM
27 98% Microsoft(tm) Free!!
28 Neuromancer 13:46:15 up 21:42, 7 users, load average: 1.93, 1.68, 1.21
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list