From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] vlc win32codecs on amd64
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 21:41:03
1 James wrote:
2 > Hello one and all,
3 >
4 > What's the trick to getting win32codecs to install and work with
5 > vlc on amd64?
6 >
7 > Any wikis?
8 >
9 > I cannot seem to get VLC to compile in win32codecs on an amd64...
10 > Yes I realize that 'win32' and amd64 are different arches, but,
11 > surely there is a solution for this? Maybe not just with
12 > vlc but every app that can work with win32codes on amd64?
13
14 My understanding is that win32codec is generally not 64bit safe, but
15 they'd be fine on amd64 if you're running your OS as 32bit. If you're
16 running in 64 bit then you'll need:
17
18 emerge -pv amd64codecs
19