From: gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Is it still advisable to partition a big hard drive?
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2016 09:11:21
1 2016-09-01 12:04 GMT+03:00 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>:
2 > On Thu, 1 Sep 2016 11:59:55 +0300, gevisz wrote:
3 >
4 >> > You said you wanted to use this drive for backups,
5 >> > surely doing it right is more important than doing
6 >> > it quickly. It's not like you have to hold its hand
7 >> > while mkfs is running.
8 >>
9 >> But I would have to keep my fingers crossed so that
10 >> there would not be a sudden blackout during the formatting
11 >> hard disk anyway. :)
12 >
13 > Nah, just start again. It's only after the power goes out for the third
14 > time that you decide the Universe hates you and give up!
15
16 :)
17
18 > Neil Bothwick
19 >
20 > Q: What's the second worst sound you can hear a sysadmin make?
21 > A: Uh-oh
22 > Q: And the worst sound?
23 > A: Oops....