From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Is it still advisable to partition a big hard drive?
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2016 09:05:00
1 On Thu, 1 Sep 2016 11:59:55 +0300, gevisz wrote:
2
3 > > You said you wanted to use this drive for backups,
4 > > surely doing it right is more important than doing
5 > > it quickly. It's not like you have to hold its hand
6 > > while mkfs is running.
7 >
8 > But I would have to keep my fingers crossed so that
9 > there would not be a sudden blackout during the formatting
10 > hard disk anyway. :)
11
12 Nah, just start again. It's only after the power goes out for the third
13 time that you decide the Universe hates you and give up!
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 Q: What's the second worst sound you can hear a sysadmin make?
20 A: Uh-oh
21 Q: And the worst sound?
22 A: Oops....