From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Kernel upgrade, no sound.
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 03:17:51
1 Hi,
2
3 I upgraded my kernel the other day and now I have no sound at all. I
4 have checked Alsamixer and Kmix to make sure it is not muted and it
5 appears to be turned up there. This is lspci:
6
7 > 01:0a.0 Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs SB Live! EMU10k1
8 > (rev 0a)
9
10 I have this built into my kernel:
11
12 > <*> Emu10k1 (SB Live!, Audigy, E-mu APS)
13
14 I copied my old .config over and did a make oldconfig but it has the
15 same setup as before. I just don't have any sound at all. I did make
16 sure my speakers are powered on, plugged into the puter and everything I
17 checked says it is unmuted. Maybe I missed one though.
18
19 The kernel version that works is gentoo-sources-2.6.18-r6, the one that
20 does _not_ work is gentoo-sources-2.6.20-r8 if that will help.
21
22 I did boot my old kernel, the 18 version, and the sound works fine. If
23 I boot the new 20 version, nothing. Kernel problem or am I missing
24 something?
25
26 Any ideas? Thanks much for the help.
27