From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cleaning redundant configuration files
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2011 08:56:57
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 01:48 on Wednesday 01 June 2011, Peter
2 Humphrey did opine thusly:
3
4 > > It's quite simple logic... If a file is modified, it is no longer the
5 > > file portage installed, so portage does not uninstall it. If anything,
6 > > the problem is that the logic used by portage is too simple.
7 >
8 > I don't think it's too simple. It seems exactly right for the task to me:
9 > clear, predictable and easily understood.
10
11 And completely consistent with the philosophy of Gentoo, where the user is in
12 complete control and must make the hard decisions.
15 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com