From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Movie editing softeware
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 06:12:09
1 On 20/12/21 13:40, Andrew Lowe wrote:
2 > On 20/12/21 11:17 am, William Kenworthy wrote:
3 >> Hi, what is a usable piece of software in portage to do a quick edit
4 >> of a movie? (cut start/end and maybe splice a bit in/out of the middle?)
5 >>
6 >> BillK
11 > How easy should it be? Won't ffmpeg allow you to do this type of thing
12 > but you need to do a bit of work to get what you need - no nice GUI?
13 >
14 >     Andrew
15 >
16 I am using ffmeg now to reduce the video size.  Its a Christmas message
17 taken on a lumix camera that needs to be sent a few thousand km over
18 what may be a flakey mobile link.  I just wanted something I can play a
19 video, click on a point and delete everything before that.  Same at the
20 end.  Looking at kdelive its a stupidly complex program that has a steep
21 learning curve to do the above.
22
23 BillK