From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Video card with two ports.
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2013 07:52:31
1 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 >Well, I got the cable in. I hooked it up, nothing. Hmmmm. Then I
4 >turned around to look at my regular monitor and KDE had a pop up about
5 >a
6 >new video device. Oh really. I clicked to set it up and now I have a
7 >picture. No sound tho. I can't watch videos with no sound. I'll need
8 >to work on that. ;-)
9 >
10 >I just hope this cable is going to be long enough after I run it under
11 >the floor. I think it will but it's going to be close.
12 >
13 >Dale
14 >
15 >:-) :-)
16 >
17 >--
18 >I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood
19 >or how you interpreted my words!
20
21 Do you get sound out of the speakers connected to the computer directly?
22
23 If you do, but not from the TV then you have 2 options:
24 1) connect an audio cable to the tv. (My tv has that option. Not all do though)
25 2) you figure out how to send sound through the cable between the videocard and tv. For that, I would have a look into sound drivers for the audio in the card (if it has a sound device) and also in alsa (or similar) mixer settings.
26
27 FYI, the only time I hooked up a PC to my TV it was with a VGA cable and simple audio cable.
28 Back then, I didn't have HDMI outputs.
31 Joost
32 --
33 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.