From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] irritating cron habit : solved
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 05:41:16
1 110220 Philip Webb wrote:
2 > 110220 Florian Philipp wrote:
3 >> Just change your cron job to look like
4 >> 'test -e /var/run/dhcpcd.pid && fetchmail'
5 > That's by far the simplest & it still fetches the mail,
6 > so we'll see if it also avoids the occasional internal spam msgs.
7
8 Indeed it does: I tried delaying starting the I/net connection
9 & there is no 'dead.letter' file. Thanks again.
10
11 PS the file is /var/run/dhcpcd-eth0.pid , not as above.
15 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
16 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
17 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca