From: Yoav Luft <yoav.luft@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] system freeze
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 18:10:06
1 ok, it happened in X, and happened several times. I suspect it happens
2 only when the screen is supposed to go to standby, but it's only
3 suspicion, not a fact. I've changed the kernel settings lately,
4 without installing the new kernel yet, and I'm about to do that now,
5 with magic SysReq, just in case.
6 I'm not sure if the system is really ideal, or just that application
7 are unresponsive.
8 While writing this mail I've managed to recreate the symptoms by
9 pressing ctrl+alt+F1. I have an intel video card, and remember having
10 some problems with it.
11
12 What log should I check? I never tried to track down this kind of
13 error in the past.
14