From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} Remote Reboots
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 23:23:44
1 On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 15:11:27 -0700, Grant wrote:
2
3 > I'm currently jumping through some hoops trying to get my Gentoo
4 > router and cable modem rebooted since they've stopped functioning and
5 > I'm away from them. Is there any sort of a slick setup to enable me
6 > to remotely kill/apply power to a couple of devices like these? I
7 > can't think of anything.
8
9 You can do this with X-10. I had my Internet connection die while on
10 holiday a couple of times,with no way to power cycle the modem, so I
11 plugged in in through an X-10 module and have a cron job that switches it
12 off and on if several addresses are inaccessible for a while.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 "Bother," said Pooh, as Christopher Robin shut the washing machine door.