From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} Remote Reboots
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 02:24:41
1 >> I'm currently jumping through some hoops trying to get my Gentoo
2 >> router and cable modem rebooted since they've stopped functioning and
3 >> I'm away from them.  Is there any sort of a slick setup to enable me
4 >> to remotely kill/apply power to a couple of devices like these?  I
5 >> can't think of anything.
6 >
7 > You can do this with X-10. I had my Internet connection die while on
8 > holiday a couple of times,with no way to power cycle the modem, so I
9 > plugged in in through an X-10 module and have a cron job that switches it
10 > off and on if several addresses are inaccessible for a while.
11
12 Very nice, thanks Neil. And by the way, this is looking like a
13 hardware problem now, not a Gentoo problem.
14
15 - Grant