From: Michael Hampicke <mh@××××.biz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Delays while building Libre Office.
Date: Mon, 06 May 2013 23:37:37
1 Am 07.05.2013 01:22, schrieb walt:
2 > On 05/05/2013 01:38 PM, Alan Mackenzie wrote:
3 >
4 >> There doesn't appear to be any action in emerge which unpacks the build
5 >> files (or even the entire source) of a package for perusal. This is a
6 >> shame.
7 >
8 > You should become familiar with the 'ebuild' command, which I use very
9 > often when trying to debug a package, e.g.
10 >
11 > #ebuild /usr/portage/app-office/libreoffice/libreoffice-3.6.6.2.ebuild unpack
12 >
13 > To completely build and install a package you need to follow that command
14 > with the 'configure', 'compile', 'install', and 'qmerge' steps (man ebuild).
17 If you are lazy like my, and don't want to execute all steps manually,
18 just use ebuild <package.ebuild> merge :)